- We are continually stunned and humbled by how engaged and loyal our biblion guests are. Whether you're year-round Lewes folks, weekenders, friends from wider-Delmarva, or once-a-year visitors here, you have been unflaggingly supportive of our shop, and we know that we couldn't be doing this without you. I mean, heck, what other shoppers'd be the kind of people who send thank you notes for their time with us?!
- We love (love, love) the people who fill our shop with wonderful things - those who bring their beloved books in to trade, those gifted local authors and artists who are "rare finds," indeed, and those who bring us fun and functional gifts and cards from all over America. It's because of you that we can offer our guests playful and thoughtful shopping experiences.
- Our family here is truly top rate - Ingrid, Linda, Grace, and Zac provide small town hospitality and sophisticated insights and expertise to our guests. Plus, they're each super-cool in their own way.
- We love Ted and Joe, who provide us with a lovely, well-maintained building to live in - and who're among those faithful guests mentioned above.
- We're also grateful for all those who help to get the word out about what we're doing here.
- And we love Lewes.
Gratefully, Jen and Miss C (and Nellie, too!)
P.S. My friend Anne introduced me to Louie Schwartzberg's work. I'm thinkin' that his film, Gratitude, is perfect for today: